DLI DARI Instructor (Job Number:311058)
This position is for a DARI Language Instructor located in Monterey, CA. Instructors will conduct classroom, laboratory, local immersion, and specialized foreign language instruction for general proficiency and specific military:related language skills, such as translation, transcription, gisting, two:way interpretation, the use of multi:digit numbers in and out of context, and the application of area studies and culture.
Instructors will use the core teaching materials provided by DLIFLC and be able to prepare supplemental material to support the core curriculum. Instructors will prepare, administer, grade, and provided formative feedback on homework, quizzes, tests, and exams and maintain records of this data for each student. Instructors will also provide Student Evaluations; act as Peer Support to other instructors and staff; and perform any required administrative tasks.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Instructors also need to have a minimum of five (5) years United States active military experience
- Honorably separated from military service or currently serving in the Reserves or National Guard;
- Graduated from DLIFLC from the language class to which will be assigned as an instructor;
- Possess a record of Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) scores of 2+ in Listening Comprehension, 2+ in Reading Comprehension. Possess and maintain a score of 2 in Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) conducted within 12 months either by DLI, American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), or other Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) equivalent.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of the DLIFLC Instructor Certification Course (ICC) or Instructor Recertification Course (IRC), NSA Adjunct Faculty Certification, or a military service instructor course.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School education and 8:10 years progressive experience in a related field or equivalent level of education and or experience.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500(R) scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The companys approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of 11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit saic. SAIC: From Science to Solutions(R)
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2012, 11:22:40 AM
Primary Location: United States:CA:MONTEREY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None